1) Start > Control panel > programs and features.
2) Uninstall All version of VC++ including VC++ 2005, VC++ 2008 and VC++ 2009
3) Start > Run > regedit > Click on Edit > Find and search for Microsoft.VC90.CRT > delete Microsoft.VC90.CRT and click on F3 multiple times to find more entries until the whole search is complete.
4) Restart the computer
5) Download and install VC++ 2008 and VC++ 2008 SP1
6) Open office application > for the first time you will get configuration prompt wait till the configuration is complete
7) Close office application and re open it and you are good to go.